I thought I’d write another more recent story about growing up, learning lessons.
As a very young child, I have a very vague memory of one of our cats getting shocked somehow. I think it was playing with a thin cord from a lamp or a vacuum cleaner, bit through it and zap! The cat lived but was a little raggedy looking around the face for a couple of weeks as it had burnt whiskers. It was lucky to be alive and apparently learned its lesson as it never again played with electrical cords. If a monkey had been watching this occur, I have no doubt that it would have learned from the episode and stayed very clear of all lamp and appliance cords. We humans are supposed to be intelligent, at least smarter than cats – perhaps not. Continue reading